How to apply for CSS Exam
CSS exam is held in February or March every year. Advertisement of CSS exam is published in newspapers in September each year. The advertisement of CSS Exam 2017 was published in all newspapers in September 2016, which mentioned the following:
Application Submission period:1st October 31st October, 2016
Exam Date: 16th February, 2017
Exam Fee: Rs. 2200
Follow the following steps for applying for CSS Exam:
- Deposit the exam fee in the nearest Govt. Treasury / State Bank of Pakistan / National Bank of Pakistan under the account head “CO2102-Organs of State Exam Fee (FPSC Receipt).
- Fill in the ‘Online Application Form’ on the official website of FPSC. Take a print-out (hard-copy) of the same online-form.
- Dispatch the hard-copy of the online form along with copies of your documents and bank-receipt to the FPSC headquarter, Islamabad.
- Your complete application must reach FPSC headquarter, Islamabad within ten days of the closing date.
Online apply is compulsory for CSS Exam. Remember the following points for applying online:
- The online application requires personal details, CNIC number, bank details, names of optional subjects, educational details, experience details and posts preferences of the applicant.
- Applicant has to provide all these information carefully and correctly.
- After filling the application, click on the button ‘SUBMIT’ given at the end.
- When you submit your application, you will receive a confirmation email of your application. The same email has also a tracking ID of your application.
- You can take a print-out of your submitted application by clicking on “Take Printout” with the help of your CNIC number and tracking ID of your application.
- If after submitting your online application, you realize that you have made some mistake in giving the information in online application, you must correct it on the hard copy of your application and put your signature with it.
The print-out (hard copy) along with the following documents must be dispatched (by post or by hand) to the FPSC headquarter, Islamabad.
- Copies of educational documents (i.e. certificates and degrees).
- Other required documents
- Bank receipt of deposited exam fee
- Experience certificate, if applicable
- other documents as required in the advertisement
- If any applicant has applied for relaxation of age limit (by two years), he or she should submit the relevant certificate, duly filled in by the concerned authorities. All such certificates are available on the official website of FPSC.